Winter has arrived down under and I’m not too pleased about it. As soon as the windows start fogging up in the mornings, my heart starts to sink. I wish I could say I was one of those girls who wore winter well, with their cute knitted beanies and thermoses ever-filled with tea. But I’m usually sporting a bright pink nose, wind-swept hair and a grimace. I also tend to go overboard with the layers and end up arriving everywhere a hot, sweaty mess.
I suppose it’s not all doom and gloom though. I get to wear cozy slippers, drink hot cocoa and it always makes for great small talk on the bus…
“Ooh isn’t it chilly today?”
“Brrr, absolutely freezing!”
“I love your polar bear mittens.”
“Oh thank you, I love your rabbit beanie.”
Sure the beach is nice and all, but you don’t see many people walking around with animal themed swim wear…
I’d love to know how you feel about winter.
Are you one of those people who smiles gleefully on grey, drizzly days? Or even worse…gets excited by a thunderstorm. (We had several of those in the past week and let’s just say I didn’t take them too well. Rather like those poor animals who are locked inside all by themselves and destroy everything. Except I just curled up under my desk and hid until the storm passed.)
Or…are you a sensible, sane person whose heart is a-flutter at the sight of clear blue skies. Do you skip along in the sunshine and find everything suddenly much brighter and more beautiful?
I think we need to decide this once and for all…is winter or summer better?
My monday must reads…
- Why you should be dis-content...or at least okay with it.
- How to become a high value person.
- Bouncing back from the blahs. Because we all have those less-than-average days
- 24 things every college grad needs to succeed at life.
- People who are having a worse day than you. – I cried reading this.(Happy tears of course.)
- Binge eating but starving. This resonates deeply with me.
- It’s okay to be a different kind of Christian.
- Healing is here.
- Why do we carry guilt?
- Do you feel inadequate?
- These banana almond butter klondike bars which look like magic.
- Zucchini banana oatmeal pancakes.
- Pumpkin pie baked oats. I’m all about pumpkin at the moment.
- To the friend striving for a ‘thigh-gap.’
- The ultimate “Friends” workout. For anyone who loves Friends even half as much as I do.
- 6 reasons to skip a workout.
What I learnt this week:
There is always something to be thankful for.
It’s oh so easy to get caught up in the busyness and stresses of life and feel like nothing is going well for you. But when you really make a conscious effort, you will begin to notice how many lovely blessings are in each day.
The warm sunshine on your back, a stranger smiling at you on a bus, a beautiful flower blooming on the sidewalk.
“Become an observer and appreciator of beauty and you will surely find it.”- Me
Now tell me…
Winter or summer?
What’s a blessing you have experienced this week?