I hope you had a marvelous Easter. I went home for the weekend with the very best intentions of using my break to study, finish my assignments and hang out with my family. I managed to do not a lot of the former, and probably a tad too much of the latter.
I do have the excuse that our internet was mind-numbingly slow. There were far too many distractions like hot cross buns and chocolate eggs. And I managed to pick up a whopper of a cold which has decided to stick around (lucky me.)
I did manage to find time to organize a family easter egg hunt #priorities.
Some of our party thought that an adult easter egg hunt would be beneath them but they were still zipping around the garden with all the enthusiasm they could muster.
I even managed to get the Grannies in on the action. So I’d say it was pretty successful.
Every year my mother says, “Next year I’m definitely going to cut back on the easter eggs.” And surprise, surprise every year we still end up with a mountain of chocolate (not that I’m complaining or course.)
So will all the hustle and bustle my blog was thoroughly neglected 🙁
I hope you can find a way to forgive me.
I’m afraid I am a little late posting this for my fellow Southern-hemisphere dwellers, however hopefully it’s still Monday up north.
All the same, these are some excellent reads…
My Monday must-reads:
- What it’s like to struggle with orthorexia and how I overcame it.
- What to do when you feel a meltdown coming on.
- Following your dreams is not a race.
- Are food shaming and comparison stealing your joy?
- Finding true worth in an image-obsessed culture.
- Hope is now– no more waiting for something better.
- When things get too much- A prayer for stress relief.
- My own personal testimony, how God saved me- It is He who fills me.
- Breakfast that will get you out of bed- Lemon blueberry smoothie bowl.
- A sweet dance routine for anyone who sucks at Zumba.
- Cranberry banana muffins– yes please!
- A pumpkin pie smoothie– I’m big on dessert for breakfast.
- On a breakfast roll today- Blueberry coconut waffles.
- Create your own spin routine with this awesome playlist.
I’d better get back to moaning while I drown in tissues and study notes.
Now tell me…
Did you have an easter egg hunt?
What is your favourite kind of chocolate?