I hope you are all well. I’m enjoying my last few days of home comforts before I’m off to the big city. I’m currently trying to stockpile easy recipes to cook while I’m studying because otherwise I know I’ll become really lazy once the semester starts. Gummy worms probably aren’t a good substitute for dinner.
Before we get into this weeks reads, I’ve got a great work story to tell you.
If you didn’t know, I have been working at a motel over summer as a housekeeper. Cleaning the rooms and making beds, that sorta thing.
This was my final week of work (sob/woo hoo) and I got quite the send off…
So, my boss has a german shepherd puppy called Bodie, who exists solely to make my life as difficult as possible.
His greatest joy in life is running into the laundry and stealing the washing, that or trying to jump up and lick my face.
We have had two weeks of the most sticky, humid weather, and it has been torture. On Wednesday, we finally had rain, and boy did it come down in buckets.
I got to work on Wednesday in my big raincoat and out into the rain I trudged, wheeling my cleaning trolley.
As soon as my big toe was out the door, the dog came bounding over to say hello.
We were a bit of a circus…wheels, paws, pouring rain, slippery ground.
As I struggled to avoid slipping onto my behind, Bodie snuck a rag from my trolley. Then because one really isn’t enough, he proceeded to rip the entire bag off my trolley and race around the garden with it….rags flying everywhere!
So there I was, in the pouring rain, racing around the garden picking up rags behind the naughty dog, who was having a whale of a time.
Dogs just have this way about them that no matter how naughty they are you couldn’t possibily stay mad at them.
So Bodie and I are still great friends, I even let him chew on a hand towel or two (I mean what are friends for, right?)
- Why we really need to talk about something other than weight- When ‘you look so skinny,’ does more harm than good.
- Here’s some really simple health advice- 14 ways to be a healthy-ish eater right now.
- Because being a poor student is hard- 12 ways 20 somethings can save money.
- And being an unfit student makes running to the bus a struggle- The ultimate guide to getting fit in college.
- If you are not much of a foodie, here’s one for you- Real food recipes every gal should know.
- If you are stuck for workout inspiration- 7 bodyweight workouts.
- To any girl who’s ever felt fat- A word for the girl having a ‘fat day.’
- An absolutely delicious breakfast- Chocolate berry smoothie.
- If you are an absolute worry wort- Erasing worry by staying hot on His heels.
- And lastly, I was honoured to be featured on KristenEkiss.com- Strong women wednesday.
Friend, though I may not know you personally, I want you to know that I am cheering you on. You are in my thoughts and prayers each day.
I am here to serve you. If there is something you need help with or would like to see me write a post about…don’t hesitate to ask.
I hope you have a splendid week.
What made you laugh this week?